Kwame Bediako Memorial Lectures
The 12th Kwame Bediako Memorial Lecture (KBML) was delivered on Wednesday, 8th July 2020 by Rev. Dr. Solomon Sule-Saa, the Institute’s Dean of Continuing Education and Director of the Centre for Interfaith Studies and Engagement in Africa (CISEA), on the theme, The Power of Mother-Tongue Scriptures: Changing Perceptions of Christianity among the Dagomba and the Konkomba as a Consequence of their Mother-Tongue Scriptures.
The video of the lecture is available on the ACI YouTube channel (https://youtu.be/Ybpc9HWzNOY).
2. 2010 Prof. Lamin Sanneh, Yale Divinity School, University of Yale. Christianity and Citizenship.
3. 2011 Rev. Prof. B. Y. Quarshie, Rector, Akrofi-Christaller Institute. The Bible in African Christianity: Kwame Bediako and the Reshaping of an African Heritage.
4. 2012 Prof. Andrew F. Walls, Emeritus Professor of the Akrofi-Christaller
5. 2013 Most Rev. Prof. Emmanuel Asante, Former Presiding Bishop, The Methodist Church Ghana, Chairman, National Peace Council of Ghana. Interpreting and Articulating the Faith: Lessons from Early Christian History for Africa Today.
6. 2014 Rev. Dr. Mrs. Ernestina Afriyie, Senior Research Fellow, Chaplain
7. 2015 Most Rev. Dr. R. Aboagye-Mensah, Former Presiding Bishop, The Methodist Church Ghana, Dean, Faculty of Theology and Mission, Pentecost University College, Accra. Saint Anthony of Africa: Lessons for African
8. 2016 Rev. Prof. John Azumah, Director of the Sanneh Institute, Professor of World Christianity and Islam, Columbia Theological Seminary, Adjunct Lecturer, ACI. Boko Haram Explained – Lessons for our Time.
9. 2017 Prof. Allison M. Howell, Associate Professor / Adjunct Lecturer, ACI, an expert in Theology and the Environment. African spirituality and Christian ministry: 'Discerning the signs of the times' in our environment and community.
10. 2018 Prof. Tite Tienou, Dean Emeritus and Research Professor of Theology
11. 2019 Rev. Prof. Phillip Tetteh Laryea, Dean of Accredited Studies, ACI. Language, Education and Nation Building: A Historical, Cultural and Theological Appraisal.
12. 2020 Rev. Dr. Solomon Sule Saa, Director CISEA / Dean of Continuing Education, ACI. The Power of Mother-Tongue Scriptures: Changing Perceptions of Christianity among the Dagomba and the Konkomba as a Consequence of their Mother-Tongue Scriptures.