AKROFI-CHRISTALLER INSTITUTE OF THEOLOGY,
MISSION AND CULTURE
has one vacancy for the position of
- Objective of the position
The Archival Assistant, under the supervision of the Archival Officer, will assist in the development, promotion and daily running of the Archive & Rare Book Section to ensure the provision of an effective resource and information service, both for the Akrofi-Christaller community (students, faculty and staff) and a wide range of external users and partners.
- Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist with archival processing, digitization and cataloguing projects as required.
- To assist the Archival Officer in cleaning of documents, appraising, accessioning, sorting, packaging, listing, labeling, boxing and locating archival materials
- Assist with data entry into the ACI Archival Management System.
- Attend to a wide range of enquiries from researchers, depositors, supporters, visitors, staff, and students (in person, by telephone, e-mail, post, Facebook or WhatsApp).
- Assist with records and manuscript arrangement.
- Any other duties that may from time to time be required, as discussed and agreed with Archival Officer and the Librarian.
3 Job Requirements
3.1 Mature Christian with integrity, and a sense of responsibility, committed to the Institute’s vision, aims and objectives.
3.2 Must hold a Diploma in Archival Administration from an accredited and recognized University with at least two years practical experience. An additional degree in Information Studies will be an advantage.
3.3 Must be physically mobile with the ability to lift and move boxes of documents.
- Must not be allergic to dust.
4 Application Procedure
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 7 July 2023